Welcome to the PA AAP Medical Students page! There are nine medical schools in Pennsylvania – Penn, Temple, Drexel, Jefferson, Penn State-Hershey, Pittsburgh, Commonwealth, PCOM and LECOM. Each school has a Pediatric Clerkship Director and a Pediatric Interest Group. The PA Chapter, AAP is in contact with each school through various relationships and activities. Examples of activities engaging medical students have been Pediatric Career Day, Pediatric Advocacy Day in the state capitol, medical student advocacy opportunities at the chapter office – to name a few. Medical Students are welcome to attend any of the PA AAP events free of charge. For more information on opportunities for medical students with the PA Chapter, contact us.
The AAP is organized into state chapters and chapters are clustered into districts. Pennsylvania is in District III. To connect with your national AAP District III Section on Medical Students, Residents and Fellowship Trainees (SOMSRFT) medical student representative:
In this section for Medical Students you will find the Pediatrics 101 guide as well as other helpful information regarding the practice of pediatrics.
- Loan Forgiveness in PA through the PA Dept of Health Loan Repayment Program
- National Health Service Corps - Loan Repayment Programs
- Residency Programs in PA
- Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital
- Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh
- St. Christopher's Hospital for Children
- Geisinger - Janet Weis Children's Hospital
- Jefferson University/Nemours - Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children
- Crozer Keystone Health System
- Einstein Healthcare Network
- Lehigh Valley Health Network - Children's Hospital
- Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME)